Our vision, mission and values - what we are all about
- Our vision is of a society in which children and adults with scleroderma are able to live full and rewarding lives unlimited by scleroderma, with better treatment, until we ultimately find a cure.
- Our mission is to be the voice of people affected by scleroderma, their families, carers and friends to ensure that they receive the support and care they need and to encourage research in the quest for better treatment and a cure.
- The Scleroderma Society is a true patients' organisation. It is led by its trustees elected from amongst its members, people with scleroderma and their friends and families.
- The Scleroderma Society and its services are open to anyone with an interest in scleroderma and strives to be inclusive in all its work, valuing the diverse society in which we live.
- In all its activities, the Scleroderma Society strives to be welcoming, approachable and accessible.
- The Scleroderma Society values partnerships with individuals, organisations and companies which help to create greater support for people with scleroderma and improved understanding of the condition.
- The Society works constantly to ensure that our knowledge on all aspects of scleroderma is as up to date and as accurate as possible, in order to be able to share this knowledge with members and all people affected by scleroderma.
- The Society strives to be the voice of people with scleroderma, empowering people with scleroderma and advocating for positive change in the treatment and understanding of the condition.
- The Scleroderma Society is registered with the Charity Commission and produces annual financial reports and accounts which are available at http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/.