Join our community
The Scleroderma Society exists to support people with scleroderma and their families, to increase awareness of scleroderma amongst the medical profession and the general public, and to fund medical & scientific research into causes, treatments and cures for scleroderma.
There are many ways in which you can join our community:
- Membership is open to anyone and becoming a member is an important way to help us achieve these aims.
- Or why not join one of our local groups or set up your own one? Lots of people find meeting with other people with scleroderma very helpful.
- Another great way of getting both support and information is through our forums - there you will find people with scleroderma from both the UK and around the world. Our subscription rates are just £5 for a year, £20 for a five year membership and £100 for life membership.
|Basic annual membership||£5.00|
|Membership for 5 years||£20.00|
|Health professional||No charge|
- You can become a member by using our online facility or by completing a form and sending it to us.
- Online subscriptions must be paid by credit or debit card.
- Postal membership can be paid by cheque made out to "The Scleroderma Society" or you can set up a Standing Order with your bank. Click here for a pro forma Standing Order form.
- All membership subscription payments made by UK taxpayers are eligible for Gift Aid. If you pay UK tax, please complete a Gift Aid declaration when you join so that we can reclaim the tax you have paid. We can claim £1.25 on a £5.00 subscription and £5.00 on a £20.00 subscription.
- Members can transfer from one category to another when renewing.
- Members may opt to receive the newsletter by email or by post (or both). Two members at the same address may opt to receive only one copy of the newsletter.
- Health professionals may only receive the newsletter by email and are not required to renew their membership.
- Annual membership subscriptions become due for renewal on the 1st of April following the date joined. Members who join between 1st January and 31st March do not become due for renewal until 1st April of the following year.
- 5 year membership subscriptions become due for renewal on the 1st of April five years after the joining date.
- Renewal reminders will be sent one month before renewal is due. Members who receive the newsletter by post will receive reminders by post. Those who receive the newsletter by email will receive reminders by email.
- Renewals can be paid online using a credit or debit card, by cheque or by Standing Order. We are unable to receive payment by Direct Debit or by card over the telephone.
- Second reminders will be sent to members who have not renewed after six months. Members who have not renewed after nine months will be considered as lapsed and will no longer receive the newsletter or any other communication from the society.
- Members accept responsibility to inform the Society of changes to contact information such as name, address, phone, email address. All members have the option to view and update their own information on the Society's database. This facility may be accessed from the Society's website.
Ways to make your subscription count for more
- If you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase the value of your subscription by completing a Gift Aid declaration.
- If you have email, we can send the newsletter to you as an electronic document. This saves us the cost of printing and posting. Just tick the box on the membership application form.
- You can pay your subscription by Bank Standing Order. This gives us administrative savings.
- Any money you help us save is money we can use to achieve our aims of support, awareness and research.