We are a very small team so please bear with us if we do not answer the telephone immediately. Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you are looking to contact someone in particular, you can send a letter to the Society or contact indiviuals by email:
The Scleroderma Society
18-20 Bride Lane
Phone: 020 7000 1925
The Scleroderma Society Helpline telephone number is 0800 311 2756. Calls from the UK mainland are free.
We operate a freephone helpline if you need to talk to someone about scleroderma. The helpline is run and managed entirely by volunteers, the majority of whom have scleroderma. It is not possible for us to offer medical advice, but we can offer you an empathetic ear to listen to your concerns and point you in the right direction for further information if appropriate.
We value your feedback
We appreciate the opportunity your feedback gives us to improve our charity. If you have any questions, comments or queries please do get in touch.
How to complain to the Scleroderma Society:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: The Scleroderma Society, Bride House, 18 – 20 Bride Lane, EC4Y 8EE
We promise to:
- Treat your complaint seriously
- Treat you equally and with respect, and you will not be treated adversely as a result of having complained
- Aim to respond within 10 working days
- Let you know if we need to make further investigations and how long it will take to resolve.
If you are not satisfied with our response, we promise to:
- Refer your complaint to a more senior member of staff or to the Board of Trustees who will endeavour to resolve the issue.